It is the policy of the Board of Trustees of Kaskaskia College that graduating students with an Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree be guaranteed the transferability of baccalaureate-oriented/university-parallel credit courses to public Illinois universities. Should such an appropriately approved course not fully transfer, the student will be offered a refund of the tuition paid for the non-transferring course credit, subject to the following conditions:
- All course work for the degree must have been completed at Kaskaskia College.
- The student must have met with an academic advisor from Kaskaskia College in his/her first semester of enrollment at the College to verify which courses are transferrable to the appropriate public Illinois university. The determination of which courses are transferrable is at the sole discretion of Kaskaskia College.
- Approved courses must be articulated by Kaskaskia College with the public Illinois university prior to the student’s graduation from the College.
- The student must have graduated from Kaskaskia College within three years of initial enrollment at Kaskaskia College.
- The student must have transferred to a public Illinois university within one year after receiving the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from Kaskaskia College.
- The student must have requested and received an evaluation of their Kaskaskia College transfer credit by the transfer institution, at the time of application to the public Illinois University.
- The student must notify Kaskaskia College in writing within sixty (60) days after being notified by the transfer institution that a course(s) was refused for credit by the transfer institutional, and make a claim for the refund at that time. The written statement must state:
- the reasons for the refusal by the university
- the name, position, address and telephone number of the official notifying the student of the refusal
- a copy of the correspondence and/or documentation provided by the public Illinois University of the non-acceptance of the course(s).
- The course must have been completed at Kaskaskia College with a grade of “A”, “B”, or “C”.
- Refunds granted pursuant to this policy shall be based upon tuition paid at the time the course(s) was completed. Fees and other course costs are not included in the guarantee.
- The student must cooperate with Kaskaskia College personnel in resolving any transfer difficulties by notifying the College and submitting any necessary consent or releases for student records and/or correspondence.
- This policy only applies to the transferability of course work and not to any other academic function such as grade point average, honors, or other admissions purposes.
- Students’ rights under this program may not be assigned or transferred to any other student, voluntarily or involuntarily. Further, no refund will be made if the student received any form of institutional financial assistance to pay the tuition of the course(s) in question.
- Claims pursuant to the Guarantee of Course Transferability for Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees must be filed with the Vice President of Instructional Services within the prescribed time limits as set forth above.
- Kaskaskia College will first attempt to resolve the issue with the public Illinois university in question. If favorable resolution is not achieved within 120 days and if, at the sole determination of the Vice President of Instructional Services, all other conditions pursuant to this policy have been met, the reimbursement will be authorized.
- The sole recourse available to students enrolled pursuant to this guarantee program shall be expressly limited to the tuition reimbursement cost of the class, determined at the time of enrollment. This policy expressly excludes any other recourse, including damages, court costs, or any other associated costs of any kind.
- If a student wishes to appeal the decision of the Vice President of Instructional services, the sole right of appeal is to the College President. Such appeal shall be filed, in writing, to the President of the College within 10 calendar days of the student receiving a notice of denial from the Vice President of Instructional Services. The written appeal shall state the student’s basis for appealing the decision. The decision of the College President is final.
Replaces Guarantee of Course Transferability for Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees Policy 3.5
Approved October 15, 1992; July 22, 2013