These procedures are to define and clarify the permissible uses and restrictions regarding the Kaskaskia College name, seal, and logo. They are intended to standardize the use and to ensure quality and consistency in representation of the Kaskaskia College name, seal and logo.
Because the use of the seal and logo implies institutional support, they may only be used as authorized below:
Kaskaskia College Seal
- The use of the official Kaskaskia College seal is reserved for diplomas, transcripts, and other official Kaskaskia College materials only as authorized by the college President or designee.
- The seal may be used by college employees when engaged in college-related activities approved by the College President or designee.
- The Kaskaskia College seal may be presented in KC Blue on a white background. It may also be presented as white on a KC Blue background or gold on a colored background or black on a colored background. Gold foil may be used to highlight the seal on the atom, book and the lamp of learning. The seal may also be presented as black on a white background.
Kaskaskia College Logo
- The logo may be used by college employees when engaged in college-related activities approved by the College President or designee.
- Faculty and staff are authorized to use the official college letterhead, business cards, and nametags bearing the Kaskaskia College logo, provided that such use is restricted to conducting official college business within the course and scope of the individual’s employment.
- Use of the Kaskaskia College logo on the Internet is restricted to official college websites and social media platforms. It may not be used on personal websites.
- Although the logo may not be altered, it may be used in conjunction with the name of the institutional division, department, office, or program.
- The official College logo may be presented as KC blue on a white background or white on a KC blue background. The logo may also be presented as black on a white background and in outline form.
Official use of Kaskaskia College stationary, e-mail, websites or employee job title is restricted to official college business. Correspondence on official Kaskaskia College stationery or through the campus e-mail implies institutional support, therefore correspondence of a political, religious, or personal nature is prohibited.
All Kaskaskia College departmental brochures, flyers, and other miscellaneous print and promotional materials intended for the public will bear the official Kaskaskia College logo and must be reviewed by the Office of Marketing and Public Information prior to distribution to the public. Draft copy must be submitted to the Public Information Officer Director of Marketing or the Public Information Specialist no later than two weeks prior to print.
All employee nametags are to be ordered through the Kaskaskia College Bookstore according the established template on file in the Bookstore. Employee nametags will be gold with black print. Nametags for students (Mentors, Student Workers, etc.) shall be white with blue print. There are no restrictions regarding the use of paper nametags for miscellaneous events.
All employee business cards are to be ordered through the Kaskaskia College Business Office Purchasing Department according to the established template on file in the Business Office. Small quantities of business cards may be printed from the business card template on the KC website MyKC.
Official templates of the college seal and logo shall be maintained by the Kaskaskia College Marketing and Public Information department, Print Shop WordProcessing Department, Media Center, Public Information Office, and Kaskaskia College Bookstore.
College employees may not use the Kaskaskia College seal or logo for private, non-college purposes, including private professional activities, consulting or commercial activities.
Only the college President or his designee may authorize use of the Kaskaskia College seal or logo for the production of emblematic products.
The college seal or logo may not be used on personal websites or social media platforms.
Kaskaskia College divisions, departments, offices, or programs may not create alternate versions of the Kaskaskia College seal or logo.
For clothing and other imprinted or embroidered purposes, the logo may be presented on a variety of fabrics and background hues.
New athletic attire shall be approved for consistency of image by the Office of Development and Community Relations Athletic Director prior to purchase.
All commercial use of the college name, seal or logo is permitted only by authorization from the college President or his designee. Such use includes the manufacture, distribution, marketing, and advertising of all consumer products (e.g., clothing, souvenir items, gifts, printed matter, and other emblematic merchandise).
Approval History: Replaces Logo and Seal Policy 6.2 Approved December 20, 2001