These procedures are to define and clarify the accuracy, timeliness, and appropriateness of recruitment and marketing materials presented to the prospective students and the public by Kaskaskia College.
- The college Marketing and Public Information Department will work with the program or department to develop requested materials (ads, brochures, reports, etc.)
- The requestor will be asked to fill out the request form and send it to marketing requesting the project.
- Proofs of materials will be presented to the requestor for review for accuracy.
- The material will also be reviewed by additional college staff for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Staff will then sign off on the document. This process will be used for materials printed both in-house and outside the college. The process will work as follows:
- Promotional materials printed on behalf of Administrative Services will be proofed and approved by the originator and a designee or designees of Administrative Services
- Promotional/event materials printed on behalf of Student Services will be proofed and approved by the originator and a designee or designees of Student Services
- Promotional/event materials printed on behalf of Instructional Services will be proofed and approved by the originator and a designee or designees of Instructional Services
- Promotional/event materials printed on behalf of Executive Services will be proofed and approved by the originator and a designee or designees of Executive Services
- If the requestor approves of the work, he or she will sign the request form before the material is released to the public.
- All data pertaining to Kaskaskia College (i.e., enrollment numbers, graduates, financial aid numbers, college rankings, employees, etc.) will be reviewed by the college’s Office of Institutional Effectiveness prior to release. The Dean of Institutional Effectiveness or his designee will grant final approval of the materials prior to release to the public.
- All information pertaining to a program such as educational outcomes, potential career outcomes with degree, etc., will be verified and approved by the appropriate department or division.
- The Director of Marketing or designee will have final approval on all promotional publications prior to release to the public.
- Any department or program creating materials such as a flier will present a copy to the marketing department for review prior to release.
- All college publications will contain the college’s mission statement and the Higher Learning Commission Statement.
- Any publications produced by Kaskaskia College for distribution and display will contain a “take down date” in which the materials need to be removed from public view, whether on the main campus, at any of its extension centers, or locations that have approved the display. Staff who notice items on display that feature a past due take down date should remove the item and notify the marketing department.
The Marketing Request Form is available electronically on the Marketing Department SharePoint website.
Approval History: Replaces Accuracy in Marketing and Recruitment Materials and Publications 8.7 approved November 26, 2018