The Hardship Withdrawal policy serves to limit the debt owed by students who have to withdraw from Kaskaskia College due to a significant financial, physical, or other life hardship and to assist those students if and when they choose to re-enroll.
Types of hardships shall include, but are not limited to:
- Serious injury or illness
- Chronic illness
- A medical Issue of a family member in which the student has to become a caretaker of that family member
- A mental health condition
- A sudden or consistent lack of transportation issue
- A significant cost of living increase
- Other extenuating circumstances not listed above will be considered for assistance under this policy.
Information regarding the existence of the hardship withdrawal policy will be published on the Kaskaskia College website and provided to new students as a part of the orientation process.
Approval History: October 24, 2022